Saturday, August 20, 2011

August Update

An update on where I am now and what's been going on with me.

Diet-
  • Reincorporating more Raw Paleo into my diet. Mostly raw liver and eggs, some raw meat.
  • Although I put Ray Peat on the sidelines, I like the guy more everytime I hear an interview or pod cast with him. Sugary frozen yogurt or Ice cream and thyroid have proven to be a good anti-stress combo lately. Eating more fruit/sugar.
  • Liberal lemon juice intake ala the recent RBTI fad. I think the lemon juice definitely has some beneficial effect (probably anti-bacterial)
Lifestyle
  • Looking into phlebotomy ala Anthony Colpo to improve insulin sensitivity. Just got my Serrum Ferritin tested at 129. Donated a pint of blood this weekend and will try to donate blood as much as I can. You can only donate once every 7 weeks.. unless you go to different blood centers and lie about when the last time you donated was. Anyway, this is a promising lead.
  • With all the sugar I am eating I am exercising more often (3-5x a week instead of 1-2x) with excellent recovery times. I can't believe I used to workout on lowcarb...
  • Melatonin proved to be a flop. Tried it for a week and did zilch for insomnia. Just made me feel tired the next day.
  • Waking up much earlier due to new work schedule. Seems to help fall asleep at night (although I've been up 21 hours at the time of this writing)
  • Still doing palate expansion. some progress stall, but seem to be resuming progress. Lately I think lemon juice, beets, calcium rich foods, and T3 are helping. In the past I felt like most of my gains came when I was on the thyroid.
Digestion/Infections
  • Still have digestion problems. I just don't know if it is infections or hormones or both. Thyroid helps for sure, also recently tried Alinia/Tindimax combo and it seemed to help too. Seems to come and go.. my current working theory is low sIGA which makes me susceptible to infections and poor metabolism causing poor digestion. Liver (for vit. A) , glutamine, S. Boulardii and Thyroid are in my sights for raising sIGA.
  • I have some Naltrexone that I may play with. After I ordered it I did some more research and now feel it looks like LDN is much less promising than I thought. I bought the 50g version so I have to compound it myself.
  • I have some Doxycline which I plan to experiment with at some point to see if it has an effect against any brain infections I may have. I am still exploring this explanation for the myriad of brain/cognitive problems I have.

2 comments:

  1. DId you try out the Naltrexone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I never did, I did some reading and it seemed like low dose naltrexone had a lot of side effects and the upside didn't seem as promising. If I recall correctly it would take a few weeks before you could see the positive effects, so I never pursued it further. I think I still have some.

    ReplyDelete