Thursday, June 30, 2011

Regression

After enjoying nearly 2 weeks of glorious digestion (very minimal symptoms) whilst eating any and everything I wanted (lots of fruit, ice cream, starches, etc.). I have been slipping the past few days and have been uncomfortably bloated and gaseous for the past 36hrs. I am partially suspecting raw spinach I've been eating the past few days, or hoping it's maybe the higher dose of antifungals I started this week, but more likely my infections have come back and are no longer dormant. I am going to wait and see how things progress over the next week or so while I wait for my most recent labs to get back to me. I am anticipating going on another round of anti-protozoans, but want to see what I am working with before jumping the gun. My suspicion is that the report will look similar to my last one (candida, blastocystis, unidentified parasite). Unfortunately I may be looking at going back to low carb paleo/gaps to tide me over.. just when my taste buds have switched over to sweets and starches :(. Going back to carbohydrate restriction is always painful.

Edit: 7/4 back on paleo(ish) and anti-protozoans

I'm still keeping on anti-fungals and iodine. I find they help with the cognitive spectrum of health issues I experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment