I've taken turmeric in capsules at times in the past. I've written about the antifungal[1] and anti h pylori[2], and anti biofilm[3] effects in the past. Lately I decided to step it up and have been taking about 1/2-1 tablespoons 1-3x a day. I also had some bulk curcumin that I add in. My tongue turned a healthy pinkish red after a day or two, bowel movements are much "cleaner" with less residue and odor, and my sinuses seem clear. My libido has also been good lately. I've been doing other things like taking apple cider vinegar in the morning which helps and PEG 1/week. I think turmeric is a clear winner in modulating gut micobiota towards a more favorable composition by having antifungal and antibiotic effects while promoting the growth of lactobacilli bacteria[4]. It's no surprise the spice is used liberally in cuisines that have large amounts difficult to digest carbohydrates.
I believe I may still have H. pylori, or it came back, given that I have many of the same symptoms I had earlier this year. I think fatigue and nausea after eating combined with a lack of warmth in my stomach after eating, and a positive response to elements of my h pylori protocol (bismuth, antibiotics, turmeric) give me enough empirical evidence to make that assumption. I may have re-acquired it about a month ago when I had a lot of nervousness all of a sudden, or it may have simply been suppressed this year and is flaring back up during the winter. I have more antibiotics coming to me soon.
[1] http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/63/2/337.long
[2] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12553052
[3] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2860858/
[4] http://www.tanuvas.ac.in/tnjvas/tnjvas/vol6(3)/148-150.pdf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
me again. From looking at your blog, everything seems to be looking for a magic bullet (like antibiotics, curcumin, ACV, aspirin).
ReplyDeleteIt seems you have no consistency with food (although you don't post much about actual food).
everything points to classic hypo symptoms, so you need to be eating a diet that supports Thyroid, probably taking T3/T4 combo in ratio of 1:1 or 1:2 (and being very diligent with consistency of how much you take and timing), eating mor regularly in smaller quantities with larger calorie intake over the day, etc.
I'd really suggest benig strict for 2-4 weeks about recording your food intake, pulses, body temps etc, and possibly getting consulting from someone who knows what they are doing (no, i'm not a consultant haha).
if you want me to send you a food log that someone gave me, email me at colinbeeeatherton (at) gmail dot com